Avg.com/Retail – AVG is a world-renowned name in the world of online security software and solutions providers. AVG antivirus solutions are known for providing the PCs, Macs, Android and iOS devices a higher level of protection. To add the latest virus definitions in the AVG products purchased by the users, the company keeps on bringing in new updates. AVG antivirus automatically fetches these updates ensuring the complete protection of your computer system from the upcoming viruses and malware. However, it is recommended to check the updates regularly. To update, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Update via the internet
- Open the AVG antivirus installed on your computer system
- Visit the Updates section and click Update Now, if any new update is available
- Update AVG offline from a local directory
- Visit avg.com/update
- Choose the update files you require and then store or add them to a portable media such as a USB drive
- Now, open the AVG program installed on your device
- Click Update from directory option available in the menu
- Switch to the folder where you have stored the update files and hit OK
- It’s done!
While updating the AVG antivirus, you might face several technical glitches. One of the most common errors is when you see this message “The Connection With Update Server Has Failed” or “Update Failed”. This error occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- Uninterrupted or lost Internet Connection
- AVG programs are unable to reach out to the update servers
Before you check out the troubleshooting steps given later in this article, make sure the operating system installed on your device is updated to its latest version. And if you are using Windows XP, do ensure that it has Service Pack 3 installed on it. Take the help from AVG customer support, if you are unable to check these key points. After ensure the updates key point, if the problem still persists do the following:
- The Connection to the AVG update server is blacked
Check out that if your system is using a firewall or some content filtering application or not. That is because these applications and firewall may block the AVG from connecting to its servers. However, not all the firewalls or the applications prevent AVG from connecting to its servers. But, if you find so disable it for a while and then try to connect to the servers again.
- Internet Connection
If your internet connection is the culprit, then make sure you are connected to a high-speed internet connection (wired or wireless). Also check the internet settings have done right.
After performing the aforementioned key checks, if the problem still persists then call AVG toll-free number. The team of technicians will surely assist you with the best solution of the error. From download, installation, activation to scanning, the technicians are expert in providing the solution for every error.
At any point, if you face a technical issue then contact Office customer support team. The technicians working 24*7 will be glad to assist you. You can also visit Avg.com/Retail