With the increase of threats, malware, and many new viruses in the market, that hacks your confidential data and asks for money in returns, it has become essential to get your device protected with any reliable internet security software. For such a situation, nothing could be better than getting a total protection shield from the AVG antivirus, which is available in both paid as well as free versions. The great thing about the AVG(avg.com/retail) products is that they are compatible with almost all the devices and platforms.
Once installed, the AVG antivirus keeps on running in the background in order to ensure that no virus can attack your device. It also ensures a periodic scan on your device. But, if you want to perform the scanning process of your installed AVG Internet Security-unlimited and AVG AntiVirus Free manually then follow the steps as listed below-
- Open the ‘AVG user interface’ on your computer.
- Select the option ‘Scan Computer’.
Please note- The result screen will appear after the scan finishes. By default, it will be revealed which actions were taken with any detected threats.
To configure the schedule settings for the scan on your computer, check out the steps as listed below-
- You need to open the (Avg.com/retail)Avg user interface on your PC.
- Select the ‘gear icon’ next to ‘Scan Computer’ option.
- Click the option ‘Schedule Scan’ option.
- On the ‘Scan Parameters’ window, you need to create a name for your scan and mention the areas and the file types to scan.
Please note- You can always use the tabs on the left panel to configure the other scan settings.
- Click on the option from the left panel ‘Scheduling’.
- Select ‘Schedule this scan’ option and you need to specify if you wish the scan to run on just one occasion (Once) or periodically (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
- You need to manage the preferences for the following options-
- Don’t start the scan, if running on batteries.
Tick on it to ignore the schedule settings, if your PC isn’t connected to the power socket.
- Pause the scan, if the batteries mode begins.
Tick on it to pause the scan, if your PC is removed from the power socket during the scan.
- Shut-down the system, after the scan finishes.
Tick on it to automatically turn off your PC, after the scan gets complete.
- You need to set the time which you want the scan to run in 24 hours format.
- Mention the day you want the scan to run.
- Select the ‘Ok’ option.
Please note- The scheduled scan will appear on the ‘Scan’ options screen, below the predefined scan tiles. You can check when your scan is scheduled to run (Automatically). Select the ‘Run Scan Now’ option to run the scheduled scan (Manually)