AVG Security Toolbar is the latest tool from AVG Technologies that goes through the search results of the supported search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Baidu, and Yandex. It works closely with the LinkScanner components, which are responsible for ensuring safe web browsing or surfing.
AVG Security Toolbar comes along with all editions of AVG 8.5 that can be availed at avg.com/retail or the official website of AVG. During the installation of the AVG toolbar, you can choose to install this toolbar to your web browser, i.e. IE or FireFox. At times, this toolbar may stop serving its function due to the occurrence of an error.
In such an event or any other, you may need to remove or disable the AVG Security Toolbar. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Steps to disable or remove the AVG Security Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Just in the right of the AVG icon in the toolbar, click on the cross button (X)
- Now, select the right option to initiate the toolbar removal process
Steps to disable or remove the AVG Security Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Tools menu and then choose Add-ons
- Under the Extensions, search the AVG Security Toolbar
- Choose Disable button
- Wait until the removal process finishes!
Apart from the aforementioned information, if you also want to know the minimum system requirements needed to install this toolbar then check it out below:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 6.0 or greater)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 3.0 or greater)
While uninstalling, if an error occurs, call the AVG customer support team immediately to get the best resolution. You can also call them to receive an instant solution to all the errors associated with AVG retail registration or AVG retail card. Hope the information was useful!