AVG Free Antivirus is the leading antivirus in the world that keeps PC and handy devices safe from various viruses, malware, and other online threats. This antivirus is compatible with all operating systems. To install an AVG product and purchase a retail card a user needs to register at the official website. Once the product gets installed, the user needs to activate it using the AVG license key code, which can be redeemed from AVG retail card or by visiting avg.com/retail.
After the activation of an AVG product, a user may face several errors like the computer crashing and slowing down of the respond process. There are so many reasons that can crash the system and one of them is the error “0xE001C008” that can cause several issues. This error can collapse your active program window and the system can start to respond slowly to the mouse or keyboard entries. Also, this issue can freeze your PC for a short span of time and the user can see the message “AVG Free Antivirus Error 0XE001C008” on the screen.
Primarily, the 0xE001C008 error message occurs when the user tries to install any program in the system, meanwhile an AVG Technology related to any software program such as AVG Free Antivirus is running, in the system during Windows startup or shutdown. To fix this error issue it is very important to know the reason why this issue is occurring in the system. The user needs to take care when and where the problem of installation appears and how to troubleshoot the issue easily. Moreover, some other issues that occur during this error are:
- Corrupt downloading of the program or incomplete installation of AVG Free Antivirus software in the system
- When any virus, malware, or threat infection occurs to corrupt windows file system.
- Windows registry from a very new AVG Antivirus, which is related to the software change, while installing and uninstalling windows occurs corruption in the system.
- Deletion of AVG Free Antivirus related files and software mistakenly or maliciously
- This is not good for your system or saved data if an error such as Error 0xE001C008 occurs during runtime, so it is very important to troubleshoot these issues from the system.
Here in this article, we are providing you the steps “how to fix AVG Free Antivirus Error 0xE001C008” and to save your time and effort you just need to follow these steps in the ascending order.
- Step 1: The user Repair Registry Entries are Associated with the Error 0xE001C008.
- Step 2: To remove this error you need to scan your PC completely to remove Malware.
- Step 3: Clear all the system junk including all files and folders with the Disk Cleanup tool by typing “cleanmgr”.
- Step 4: Choose the update option to upgrade your PC Device Drivers in the system.
- Step 5: Now use the command “Undo” from the Windows System Restore to reset system changes.
- Step 6: Now, uninstall the AVG Antivirus Program Associated with Error 0xE001C008 and reinstall again the same antivirus.
- Step 7: Type “SFC /scannow” to Run Windows System File Checker.
- Step 8: Now, Install all necessary window updates in the system.
- Step 9: Finally, perform a clean installation of windows in the system.
If the problem persists contact AVG customer support.