Now-a-days, the users are becoming very much concern regarding the “Security” factor of their device as well as data. Thus, to do so, the users prefer to install the best antivirus software like AVG on their device. This installed AVG product offers many useful components like File Shield and Behavior Shield to its users for scanning the infected files and folders on their device.
The File Shield component performs the scanning process over the files stored on the hard disk of the device. Similarly, the Behavior Shield performs the monitoring of the entire processes executing on the device for suspicious behavior. This suspicious behavior of the real time processes indicates the presence of malicious code on the device.
Sometimes, the users need to exclude the files and folders that are not infected by the virus attacks, from scanning through the AVG Internet Security. For excluding the files and folders from scanning, the users need to set the exception rules for the File Shield and the Behavior Shield within the AVG Activate. Thus the step wise procedure to exclude the files and folders, by setting up the exception rules has been detailed below:
Steps for setting up the exceptions for File Shield:
Follow the steps mentioned below for excluding the files (Not infected by virus) from scanning within the AVG Internet Security, by setting up the exception rules for File Shield:
- Launch the AVG Internet Security user interface, by double clicking the AVG activate icon on the desktop.
- And then, the users need to locate the “File Shield” feature on the interface.
- To do so, follow the path as shown below:
Menu >> Settings
- After this, click the “Components” option displayed on the left panel of the “Settings” window of AVG.
- Now, on the right panel, various components will appear on the screen.
(Important Note: If the users are not able to locate the “File Shield” component on the AVG Activate then, they may refer the contact us section of the link: avg.com/retail.)
- From this list, select the “File Shield” option and tap the “Customize” option displayed in front of it.
- Thus, the “File Shield Customize Settings” window will be displayed on the screen.
- Here, select the “Exceptions” option on the left panel.
- Now, enter the location of the files, manually within the text box displayed on the screen.
- And then, tap the “Browse” button for locating the relevant files.
- After this, click the “OK” button for making the confirmation of selected files.
- At last, click the “Add” button.
Steps for setting up the exceptions for Behavior Shield:
By following the steps detailed below, the users could easily set the exceptions for Behavior Shield for excluding the non-infected folders from scanning process in AVG Internet Security:
- First of all, launch the user interface of the AVG Internet Security on the device.
- And then, locate the “Behavior Shield” component on the interface by following the path as shown below:
Menu >> Settings >> Components
- After this, click the “Customize” option displayed next to the “Behavior Shield” component.
(Important Note: If no such customize option is displayed on the screen then, the users may refer the contact us section of the link: avg.com/retail.)
- Now, go to the “Exceptions” panel by clicking the option through the left panel.
- On the “Exceptions” window, enter the location of the folders that the users want to exclude, within the text box.
- And then, click the “Browse” button.
- After this, select all the relevant folders and click the “OK” button to confirm them.
- At last, tap the “Add” button.