Now-a-days, the process of upgrading the software has become quite mandatory as it replaces the existing software with the newer and better version of the same software. The upgraded version of antivirus have some more advanced features to offer a better and improved protection services to its users. Like other antivirus providers, AVG Antivirus has also released the upgraded version of its antivirus software having various advanced features included within the product.
For upgrading the AVG Antivirus subscription, the users only need to tap the Upgrade button displayed on the main activity of the AVG antivirus user interface. Otherwise, the user could upgrade directly through their AVG My Account. To do so, firstly login to the AVG My Account and then, go to the AVG Subscription section. After this, click the “Upgrade” button in front of the AVG Antivirus subscription that the users want to upgrade on their device.
Sometimes the upgraded version of the AVG subscription causes some errors or issues like blue screen errors, freezing of the computer device, sudden shut down, and many more such issues on the devices. As the result of occurrence of these issues on the device, the users need to downgrade the AVG subscriptions on their device. Thus, the steps to downgrade the AVG subscription have been detailed in the below information.
Steps to downgrade the AVG Subscription:
By following the steps detailed below, the users could easily downgrade their AVG subscription:
1. Firstly, launch the Start menu on the device by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar.
2. And then, go to the “Control Panel” option on the right panel of the start menu.
3. After this, select the “*Uninstall a program” under the “Programs and Features” category of the “Control Panel” window.
4. Hence, a list showing all the programs being installed to the users’ device will be displayed on the screen.
5. Scroll down the list till the AVG subscription gets displayed on the screen.
6. Now, select the “AVG Antivirus” by right clicking on it. And then, select the “Change” option from the right context menu.
7. After this, select the “Downgrade” button within the “Give me Free Protection” menu.
(Important Note: For any help regarding the steps to downgrade the subscription of the AVG Antivirus, refer the contact us section on the avg.com/retail.)
8. Thus, the AVG antivirus subscription will get downgraded to the previous version.