Many of the users are not aware of the fact that other users can log into their computers with an AD username and password to access all the web activity and this may cost the finical data as well. If you were not paying attention to this, it is time to take action against it by configure silent authentication for different web browsers using AVG antivirus.
However, the AVG security software may not give you the changes as default setting; you need to make slight changes in order to allow AVG to configure silent authentication mode. Find the steps for different web browsers below.
Configure For Firefox:
Add the cloud connector URL to the trusted sites list to configure Firefox for silent authentication.
- Launch Firefox and type “about:config” in the search field
- Enter “neg” in the Filter field
- Select and click right to the network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris
- Select Modify option
- Enter a comma-separated list of URLs/ domain names as string values
- If case you fail to do as mentioned, connect with AVG support
- Click OK to save the changes
This would help you if a cloud proxy server runs on a computer with a new host name in char variable type.
To configure For Internet Explorer:
Make the changes to enable Integrated Windows Authentication for Internet Explorer:
- Launch Internet Explorer and go to select Tools
- Under the section, select Internet Options and then click on the ‘Advanced tab’
- At the bottom part of the setting, mark check to Enable Integrated Windows Authentication radio button
- In case of an error, get in touch with AVG customer service
- Restart the Internet Explorer
The silent authentication system works for Google Chrome without needing any additional configuration in most cases. However, you can confirm or know how to make changes to configure for authentication, connect with AVG customer service.